Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Your One Question?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2024

In view of Atlassian Team '24 coming up next week, let's say you end up in the elevator at the Venetian with either Atlassian co-founder, Mike Cannon-Brookes or Scott Farquhar. Or maybe both!

elevator.jpg

After some chitchat, you have time for one question. What's it going to be? 

question-mark-4-1237384.jpg

Now's your big chance - what would you really like to know??

For those of you who will be in Vegas next week, you never know where one of them might turn up! So, what's it gonna be? 

15 comments

Comment

Eduardo Oliveira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 22, 2024

The first one that comes to my mind is: What are the plans, and what can we expect about the future of the Data Center?

Like # people like this
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2024

Can you yourself keep track of all the different communication channels regarding product updates or are you getting the management summary - if so, could I get that too?

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Yes!!!! Wouldn't we all LOVE to get that summary!!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2024

This, this a thousand times.

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2024

Hmm. Since, I won't actually be there and have to face asking this question in person…

Why is there so little movement on defects-logged-in-Jira-as-change-requests related to Confluence Cloud? If you're never going to let us insert a screenshot from a file already attached to the page or insert a note panel or screenshot between steps 3 and 4 without messing up the numbering, just tell us, so we can stop following the tickets and reading all the pleading comments from new users who happen upon them.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Yep, yep, yep! Anything dealing with the JAC would be at the top of my list!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Do you know how many support requests are avoided because the Atlassian Community answers them first?

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Hoping they might actually share this one from the stage this year! I bet it is mind-blowing. 

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

That's a good one @Andy Gladstone!

Like John Funk likes this
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2024

Why do requests or bugs raised by users just sit on a ticket 'gathering interest' forever?

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

I was saving my question for after others posted - but you just hit the nail on the head! That would also be my question. 

Like # people like this
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Why is "don't #@!% the Customer" one of your companies core values and how to do you see that value in play today?

or maybe just "what's your favorite 80's Band?" 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

HAHA - that's a couple of different ends of the spectrum. And valid questions!

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

"Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses"

this-is-the-story-of-the-100-duck-sized-horses-and-a-horse-v0-uibcy0u5tq2c1.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Something tells me that would actually be the perfect question!

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2024

A perfect agile question!

Like # people like this
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2024

There's not enough detail here, I'm going to return this to the backlog for further refinement.

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2024

I've chosen to duck that last comment... 🦆😂

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2024

Hi, and thanks for this topic, @John Funk 

Here is one I have pondered many times over the years (where the details change but the concerns remain the same)...

With the inconsistent changes in feature sets (or lack thereof) between Jira areas (e.g., CMP, TMP, JPD, issue searching / views, dashboards), often only supplemented by marketplace vendors, and the similarly inconsistent changes to pricing (e.g., JPD vs Jira, automation model re-packaging), what is the Atlassian team doing to better align to something that feels like a single ecosystem product with understandable and rationally scalable pricing?

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Awesome question - and one I would love to know the answer to, also!

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Wait, is it these guys? daftatlassian.jpg

Well, if it's like years past, I might have to ask if they know the root cause of the outage. :-D

[Hipchat in 2015(?) (when ChatOps was the hot thing?), Cloud in 2022]

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

(Because we had a TAM, and because I'm that guy, I _did_ ask Scott about the HipChat outage when I had my 5 minutes of face-to-face with him. He was incredibly gracious and apologetic to my pretty jerky question.)

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Yep, that's them - was trying to refrain from posting any actual pictures so as to not defame them haha. Always a challenge to answer those types of questions, and I don't envy them. 

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Great question @John Funk! I would ask what is the biggest hurdle or problem you have faced as CEO and what did you learn from it? Although I like @Andy Gladstone's question better and I hope they talk about that on stage! 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Hearing advance from a CEO with multi-billion dollar revenue is always enlightening! This is also something we could all benefit from. 

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Great question @John Funk and one I've long pondered.

My question to them would be: "Taking into account that you've started Atlassian as grad students because you didn't want to work for the big enterprise banks: Would you join Atlassian if you were a new grad today? Or would you start your own company?"

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

What an awesome question! Hoping you get the opportunity!

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

Do you smell popcorn?

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024

No even sure what to do with that one, haha. 

Alex G April 22, 2024

I won’t be attending the event, but if I were to go, I would think about this idea for days so I would have an incredible question in case I met them in the elevator :D

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2024

Well, think of a question and pass it along here. Maybe someone will be fortunate enough to be in the elevator and get TWO questions.  :-)

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2024

🙏 Can we please get some form of ID-240 - er, I mean ID-6403! - released to production before I have to send my kid to university[1]?

[1] I don't even have children yet...

Like # people like this
Maria Andruzzi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2024

If I were stuck in that elevator, I would ask him why his employees feel like it’s ok to park in the spots reserved for the disabled, when they aren’t disabled. I attached photos. It’s the CVS on horizon ridge pkwy and eastern, Henderson NV. IMG_0403.jpegIMG_0402.jpegIMG_0401.jpeg

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events