Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun - Share your favorite Super Villain!!

Ankush Bora April 5, 2024

On the 96th day of 2024, let us talk about 'Supervillains'.

I have always been intrigued by the idea of a supervillain. Most of these villains are chalked out as characters which are the nemesis to superheroes. However, few did have a point to their 'negative' shades.

As with many things in today's world, let us talk about some of your favorite ones. I will start with mine. My favorite Supervillain is from a Bollywood (Hindi) movie named 'Mr. India'.
The name of the Supervillain was 'Mogambo'. The character was brought to life by the versatile actor, Amrish Puri (late). I used to get shivers down my spine while watching some of the scenes as a child. There was this epic dialogue that I still remember, which goes as "Mogambo, khush hua!" meaning "(this) makes Mogambo happy". It was indeed awesome to watch that character.

On that note, I call out all those movie, comic, anime, cartoon aficionados in Atlassian Community to bring their best & most unique characters to the table this Friday (today).

Happy Friday. Cheers!

Snap_SuperVillain.png

12 comments

Comment

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

Hey @Ankush Bora happy friday!

My favourite supervillain is for sure Joker ... I love him

Joker (2019): il mostro creato dal decadentismo delle società moderne

Like # people like this

With the relatively "newer" versions of Joker essayed by 'Heath Ledger' and more recently by 'Joaquin Phoenix', it is indeed one of those top most Supervillain characters there can be. :)

Agreed! Agreed!

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2024

Robur from Jules Verne's books. Although he's not your typical super villain.

Other than that, it's Stavro Blofeld from the original Bond movies. He's evil with a clumsy comical trait and that makes him lovable :)

Fun fact, the original cast for the original Blofeld was Czech actor Jan Werich who did 3 weeks of shooting for You Only Live Twice - and some footage actually made it to the movie where Blofeld has hair :) 

Here's more on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRhVEl9veNM

And he's Werich on the set :)

image (3).png

This is wonderful movie trivia. Thanks @Kristian Klima

Like Kristian Klima likes this
Alex G April 5, 2024

hey, what a fun topic! Mine changes all the time, depending on what I'm watching or reading, I think I wouldn't be able to decide on just one!

Pick the latest one on your mind!

Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2024

My Favorite Villain is - The Green Goblin (Spider-Man)

Spider.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

Gotta say that I am not a fan of villains - make believe or otherwise. 

Bonnie_Tyler_Holding_a_Hero.jpg

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2024

@John Funk ~ this is great.  lol  But now that song is stuck in my head!  😄

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2024

Can there be any greater Supervillain?

Penguin | Batman tv series, Batman comic cover, Batman 1966

I mean the amazing things the guy can do with an umbrella!  I have yet to hear an actual penguin quack, but when he schemes up with the Joker and Catwoman, watchout.  

Like # people like this

True that.

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2024

Agree with @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ~ gotta be the Joker.  Syndrome runs a close second.  lol

joker.jfif  Syndrome.jfif

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2024

Magneto

8791119-dqsdvvq

Like # people like this
Katherine Jones April 5, 2024

Negan from the Walking Dead TV series.  He always made me smile because he seemed to be enjoying himself so much.  

Vronik April 8, 2024

Hi everyone

My favorite villain is Mr. Freeze from Batman, first because I love the character and what he hides behind and another point is that you make him one of my favorite actors, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

mrfreeze.png

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2024

I would have to say Severus Snape. He could be really mean and do horrible things, but there was always a reason that made him sympathetic, and he turned out to be a good guy in the end.

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2024
NAYANA April 29, 2024

Thanos!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events