Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun - Celebrating Unsung Heroes

Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2024

3.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Atlassian's!

Let's wrap up the week with a fun topic!

Who's had a hilarious plumbing mishap that still makes them laugh?

I know I have! And speaking of plumbing, did you know that today is National Hug a Plumber Day?

It's a day to appreciate those silent heroes who save us from many disasters and bring relief (and sometimes laughter) to our lives.

I still remember the time a plumber saved me from a flooded kitchen and had me laughing with his quick wit and creative solution!

It's moments like those that make us grateful for their expertise and kindness.

So, who's got a funny plumbing story to share?

Maybe a bathroom overflowed and created a mini flood? Or a plumber arrived with a ridiculous solution that somehow worked?

Share your memories and let's celebrate our 'life savers'!

Let's make this Friday a fun ending to the week and share some laughter and memories together!"

To that end - Wishing you all a fantastic Friday and a fun weekend ahead!

6 comments

Comment

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2024

When I was about 3 we had a plumber come in to fix a minor leak.

While he was there I put my ear up against a wall socket, and then, remembering what my mum had said about never playing with the power in case I got hurt, I burst into inconsolable tears because I thought I was dead. 

Nothing mum did could convince me that I was still alive, but then the plumber walked down to his van and came back with a pack of sweets from which he gave me a couple of Dolly Mixtures.  This so surprised me that I stopped crying after which he showed me what he had been doing, which took my mind off why I was crying and I forgot all about it until my daughter was 3 and my mum told my girlfriend all about it.

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2024

@Stephen_Lugton - What a heartwarming memory!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2024

On a night when the roads were icy, a plumber was driving on our road and my parent's house is just off a curved part of the road.  Well, the plumber caught a patch of ice and wasn't able to turn the truck to stay on the road and ended up tipping over his truck in our yard.  He was OK, but the back of his topper covered pickup was no longer full of all of his plumbing gear.  It now was in my parent's yard.  Most of the stuff was picked up, but little presents were found in the yard well after the snow had melted the following spring.  

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2024

That's quite an adventure! - i would callout!!

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2024

In my experience, plumbing mishap and laughter do not go together, but I'm glad to see that others have some pleasant plumber memories.

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2024

I'm with you, Barbara!

Like Humashankar VJ likes this
LoRi April 26, 2024

Last October I was leaving for work, when I saw the neighbor had the plumber over, he was wearing something similar to the image in this thread, hat, overalls, a green tee. I thought nothing of it except that he had a funny large mustache. Then the scond plumber came out in the same getup but a red shirt and I got it! They were Mario and Luigi for Halloween. hahahahaha.

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2024

Ahaha, that's hilarious!

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

Minor plumbing is something I would usually do myself since I like trying to do things myself. Love the learning process. However, when it comes to major plumbing issues. It's a disaster. I wish there was laughable moments but it can get pretty stressful finding the right help. On top of shutting water to your home and taking time off to address the situation. 

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2024

I feel you!  I'm also a DIY enthusiast.

So ideally, we can also have variety of shoes in us from home improvement point of view to cherish the day - Hug a Plumber Day !!

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2024

That reminds me of a friend who plumbed his own bathroom and wanted to move the toilet (which was on a raised area of floor) from one side of the room to the other so that he could have a flat floor with nice quarry tiles.

Unfortunately he didn't take into account that the raised area of floor had allowed for the outlet pipe to have a downwards angle so that everything flowed away nicely, and when he moved the toilet and took out the old raised area he now had an upwards angle on the outlet pipe and everything still flowed, just in the wrong direction.

Like Humashankar VJ likes this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2024

Hi @Stephen_Lugton  - That's a great story.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events