Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ–๐Ÿผ Introduce yourselves, Trello admins!

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 20, 2021

Hello Trello admins everywhere! I'm happy to see you in here. 

Welcome to this new group - we created it so that you could rub elbows, trade tips, and get to know fellow admins like you. 

Please take a minute to add a quick intro in the comments below. Here are some icebreaker questions!

• Where do you work, when did you start using Trello?
  • Photo of your hometown
  • Photo of your pet
  • Screenshot of a Trello board you're proud of 
  • Favorite Trello feature 

Can't wait to meet you! 

7 comments

Comment

Erika Storli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2021

Hi everyone! Super excited to meet y'allโ€”my name is Erika, and I'm your friendly neighborhood Product Marketing Manager who focuses on Trello Enterprise. You might recognize me from the Trello Admin Newsletter emails you receive in your inbox, but when I am not sending updates to your team I'm working on various marketing campaigns, exploring cities on the West Coast (just moved out of Austin, TX), and taking long walks with my recently adopted dog, Benji.

• I started using Trello in college for a class that actually required it for a group project. From there, I was hooked on using Trello in my everyday workflow once I became a working professional. It all came full-circle for me when I was offered a role at Atlassian on the Trello team. 
  • My hometown of Clear Lake City isn't super pretty, but it's home to Mission Control of the ISS: Space Center Houston (so I'll share a cool pic of that instead)JT3A5180-800x444
  • Photo of me and my best friend Benji (he's estimated to be 2-3 years old) at the top of our Rattlesnake Ledge Hike near Seattle, WA:
  • Image from iOS.jpg
  • I'm most proud of our Enterprise Marketing Program Board โ€” it's always busy with new campaigns and projects to help more large-scale teams learn about Trello and achieve their best work:Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 3.28.51 PM.png
  • My favorite Trello feature is probably the Checklist functionality: a way of keeping track of subtasks within a card. You can add multiple checklists to a single card: https://help.trello.com/article/737-adding-checklists-to-cards

Can't wait to meet all of you and see this community grow more for Trello Admins! As always, if you have any questions/concerns/feedback, please feel free to comment here or reach out to our support team directly at https://trello.com/contact

Like โ€ข # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

Hi all! I'm a Trello nerd, and although not officially any company's admin, I've consulted with a lot of folks and helped people figure out how to set up Trello and customize it to their liking!

I currently work full time as a frontend developer at Elastic, and have a handful of Trello-related side projects, like marketing for Crmble for Trello Power-Up, and working with a bunch of other power-up developers to try to figure out how we can all work together to make Trello more successful for everyone! I even have my own blog all about Trello.

I travel quite a bit, but my homebase is Baton Rouge, LA, and I love it here! Anywhere it's almost 90 degrees F at the end of October is the place for me (I get cold very easily).

IMG_92181342E962-1.jpeg

My most known pets are technically my sister's cats (Melman and Blackjack), but I also recently got my own pupper! His name is Levi, although I begged my partner to let us name him Taco.

image.png

The Trello board I'm most proud of is my "main dashboard" that I organize pretty much all my life on. It's a habit and goal tracking board, and I've written about it on the Trello blog!

image.png

And my favorite Trello feature? I mean, it's simple but i think its the labels. Fun fact, when i was trying to pick a favorite project management tool several years ago, I was deciding between Asana and Trello and I chose Trello cause i could use their labels for free, whereas Asana charged for them. (Don't worry - since then I've come up with a list of about a thousand other reasons why I prefer Trello over Asana.)

Erika Storli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2021

Nice to meet you @Brittany Joiner !!

Like โ€ข Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 25, 2021

Hi everyone! I'm Bridget and I manage the Customer Content + Programs team at Atlassian. 

• When did you start using Trello? I used Trello in my job before Atlassian (at Teespring) to help organize my team's work
  • Photo of your hometown: Has anyone seen Mare of Easttown? SUCH a good show - and shot right where I grew up. Check it out to get an idea of where I grew up :). Now I live in Bellingham, WA! 

magic-light-royalty-free-image-149599426-1535640029.jpeg

• Photo of your pet

Meet Dorcas, my eldest hairless cat

dorky.png

• Favorite Trello feature 

I love a good checklist! Nothing better than checking off TODOs.

Cat LeDevic June 15, 2023

omg I love your kitty! Sphinx? A Siamese and a Snowshoe here (the latter best known as Devil Kitty.)

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
October 26, 2021

Hey, everyone! I'm Sharon and I work on all things Community content at Atlassian.

I live in Austin, TX, and I first started using Trello when I helped organize events for our local CreativeMornings chapter. We created a board for each monthly event, where we had columns for event details, music, speaker, hosts, drinks, and more. I loved how easy it was to create a board, add cards, and to see everything in list form.

I grew up in Arlington, Texas, home of the Ballpark, Six Flags Over Texas, and now the Cowboys Stadium.

globe-life-park.jpg

(Photo by Daniel P)

This is Shakespeare, my blue heeler/catahoula mix, who loves to sunbathe and chase squirrels. He's turning 7 next month!

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.24.27 PM.png

I love using boards to visually plan out aspects of my home! I especially love creating boards for house projects, gardening, and landscaping. Here's a board I created with some native plants with custom fields for size, season, bloom, and placement:

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.35.29 PM-min.jpg

My favorite Trello feature is either the ability to show custom fields on the front of cards, or the accessibility friendly labels and how you can expand or close them for viewing at a glance. Super glad to be here and see how everyone else is using Trello!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2021

Aww love Shakespeare!! And ++ for labels!! Custom fields on the front of cards is pretty cool too - i see you get some good usage out of them!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

Welcome!

And awesome that you've been involved with CreativeMornings - I'm a fan! So far I've been to events at three chapters, including Austin! ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒต๐Ÿฆ‡

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
October 28, 2021

@Brittany Joiner He's my BFF ๐Ÿฅฐ - ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ I love how you included emojis in your labels too!

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
October 28, 2021

@Dave Liao That's crazy!! What a small world. The host, @Ben Thoma is also now an Atlassian ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll have to find your profile and "follow" you!

Cat LeDevic June 15, 2023

Oh my publisher is going to DIE. She has a Blue Heeler who is absolutely nuts - sounds more like a huskie lol! She howls at commercials she hates - she literally speaks to her Mom. I've never heard a funnier dog. Yours do the same thing?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

@Bridget - glad to see y'all here!

I've worn a Trello Enterprise admin hat at several companies, so naturally had to join the group.

I've been using Trello since at least 2012. I'm a big enough fan that I emailed Trello and asked about visiting the office for fun - one of the NYC office managers said yes and a team member and I had lunch at their old HQ! 

My favorite Trello feature? How about two!

1. Butler - enough said! ๐Ÿ””
  2. Custom Fields - I'm pretty sure I was a Jira admin before Trello, so I've a soft spot for having dedicated fields to store information I care about.
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
October 28, 2021

@Dave Liao What an awesome experience!! Shows that just asking can take you on great adventures ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Like โ€ข habib rahman likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2022

Hi y'all, it's Darryl, I am new to here and hope to be able to help. :) 

Jospeh blessing December 1, 2022

Hi, its blessing, i have been using trello for over a year now, hoping to learn more๐Ÿ™ˆ

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events