Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Test Management Add on for Pharma software validation

Rexon M May 11, 2022

Dear All,

I am working for pharma and healthcare related software company. For the software validation part, we would like to use Atlassian products like Jira or Jira add on for test execution. I would really appreciate if you could share your experience using Jira test management add on for pharma software validation. If yes, which ones are perfect fit with respect to pharma compliance since ideally we need to have the test management tool validated before using it for validating a pharma software. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Rex  

3 comments

Comment

Michael Iglesias May 11, 2022

Hello Rexon,

I have worked at two major pharma companies using Atlassian to support design controls for software products. At both companies, we found Xray met our needs the best.

Michael

Like Rexon M likes this
Rexon M May 11, 2022

Thanks a lot Michael. Does it provide an option to review and formally approve test scripts through a workflow? And also help creating a traceability matrix at the end?

Michael Iglesias May 11, 2022

Xray will allow you to assign a workflow for the test issue types that it includes. My dev. teams either assign the test issues to me manually, or push it through the workflow and have it automatically assigned to me. I can then go in, review, and send backwards or approve via the workflow.

For creating a traceability matrix, you may be able to get the native export functionality to work to your liking; however, you may find Xporter offers additional functionality for exporting.

Like Rexon M likes this
Matt Therrien July 6, 2022

@Michael Iglesias , Do you use Xray for both manual and automated tests?  What was your experience with the test automation with regards to ramp up?  It looks like by using Gerkins it seems like a pretty low bar to entry.  Also did you find it difficult to associate or redesign how you structure and use of items in Jira to align with the various regulatory needs <Stories, requirements, design specs>?

Michael Iglesias July 6, 2022

Hi Matt,

My product teams use Xray for both manual and automated testing. I don't have specific details to share experience with the automated part as that is outside the scope of my role. You can reach out directly to Xray on this subject.

As for structuring Jira issues, I have worked with teams that wanted to use the out-of-the-box default issue types and I've had them define this in the Software Dev. Plan requirements and agile sections.

I would highly recommend that you consider Jira issues such as user stories, epics, etc. as design inputs, if they trace to requirements.

Other teams I have worked with, wanted a direct 1:1 labeling of Jira issues with the SOP's requirements (e.g., product requirement, system requirement, software requirement, bug, defect, anomaly).

Like Matt Therrien likes this

Thanks, this is helpful.

Nina Zaradniak_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2022

Hi Rexon,

What type of hosting for Jira are you going to choose, will it be a Data Center or Cloud? If it's DC, then I recommend TestFLO. This tool allows for a very extended configuration and will help to fit your process. It will support you in the approval process by using appropriate statuses on the workflow and various conditions and post-functions. You can also easily check traceability.

Cheers,
Nina.

Like Rexon M likes this
Rexon M May 12, 2022

Many thanks Nina for your great advice. I will check that. We are also focusing or trying to get ideas how and what other pharma companies are generally using to manage their validation.

Nina Zaradniak_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2022

Fair enough, if you would like to learn more about TestFLO I encourage you to contact us through our Customer support portal where we will provide you with more details.

Cheers, Nina.

Hi Rexon, 

I was curious to hear about where you landing with regards to this topic.  I'm looking at some various options as well and I'd be happy to hear your experience.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events