Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"It's only an email," and all other phrases we are SO tired of

Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

If you are part of this group, then most probably you've heard some of these before:

• Just send all customers an email.
  • We will just write it down on the blog.
  • It's only an event, what's the big deal?
  • You have an awesome job, writing and posting on the socials all day.

It's always so easy in the eyes of your colleagues, right? Our non-marketing teammates love suggesting marketing plans, activities, and campaigns because they will "assemble in no time" and probably with our eyes closed. 🙄

But we know how much time and hard work even a minor update and the smallest publication take, especially for people focused on details and perfection.

I can't believe what an accurate representation this meme is 😆

marketing-101.png

I am particularly triggered whenever someone mentions the "just post it on the socials" line because I am not so good at writing short and powerful social posts, and I spend eons figuring out the proper message that fits the context. 

And when I finally publish, I hope it's not followed by "why it took you so long?" because it reeeeally drives me nuts.

What's that thing from your daily job that makes you feel misunderstood by your non-marketing teams? 

2 comments

Comment

Mithila _Amoeboids Technologies_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2024

I can completely relate with you @Teodora V . Sometimes it can be frustrating when non-marketing teams reduce marketing efforts to simple news-sharing and copy-pasting tasks. This overlooks the strategic planning, market analysis, and creative execution involved in crafting compelling campaigns that resonate with our target audience.

Like # people like this
Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

I fully agree @Mithila _Amoeboids Technologies_ 

Even the way you described it, "overlooks the strategic planning, market analysis, and creative execution," shows how complex it really is.

Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 5, 2024

The thing that's most frustrating for me is that I cannot just 'squeeze in' a blog or social post. 

When I do something I want to do it right. That means figuring out all the small details as well. So a blog post takes some time for me to finish. 

@Teodora V I can also very much relate to your struggle with social posts. 

People who can write a killer social post in 5 minutes are truly amazing. But I am not one of them. To me there is no such thing as 'just posting on the socials'. 

Like # people like this
Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024

True words have been spoken here @Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ 

Thank you for joining the thread! :)

Like Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events