Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can AI fit within events

Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2024

As someone rooted in event technology I am always looking to learn more and the AI is certainly all the buzz. "We gotta' add AI!" ...but is it for the sake of adding AI or is there really a tangible and data-driven-result for that use?

That said, what are some of the crazy and inventive ways we might implement AI into events? ..digital or In-person, for the attendees or to help the planners? I have spoken on this topic at a few events and I still don't have a wonderfully clear picture. We can all sit in a room and brainstorm ideas of every one of the planning and experiential layers, but are they worth the squeeze?

• Will AI drive up attendance?
  • Will AI increase attendee engagement?
  • Will AI prolong interaction with content? 
  • Will AI help us get more out the door at higher quality level?

Perhaps. It's worth a discussion. 

• Will AI help us unlock new ways to interact with events, network with peers, and consume content?
  • Will AI help us mine the mountain of data we can collect since the COVID years brought us so much? 
  • Will AI help us personalize sites, content and next steps in ways we have not been able to code before?
  • Will AI automate some of the tasks that take hours or days in the even planning process? 

Most definitely. Also worth a discussion. 

I have so many ideas that could be added to the event stack, but what better place to turn then to the Atlassian Community to get ideas on what people really want. 

I'd love to hear and discuss your ideas and innovations or even just dreams of how AI could uplift and evolve the event experience.

1 comment

Comment

Caity Belta
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 10, 2024

I think AI will definitely unlock new ways to interact at events! On the attendee side, real-time translation or auto-generated subtitles.

Immediately available recaps. Auto generated summaries/clips of breakout sessions so attendees can watch what they missed the same day! We’ve all had the experience of having to choose one breakout session over another. 

AI powered event host for in-person events?! Possibly in an app, but it would be way cooler as a hologram 😎

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2024

Thanks @Caity Belta

We have been working on creating auto-translations and event auto-speech in our mobile apps for the last few major events. Who would have thought these stories are a reality NOW:

• On stage speaker is speaking in French, and you can watch the captions on your mobile device in English
  • On stage speaker is speaking in Spanish, and you can LISTEN to the talk in real-time with your ear buds in German. 

It's science fiction become reality. And we have had some very excited attendees with this launch. 

Like Caity Belta likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events