Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸŽ„ Are marketers afraid of Christmas? Campaigns we've always wanted to see live

Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2023

Hello, fellow marketers! πŸ€˜

It's the time of the year that excites me about the upcoming days off and makes me scared of the 'just another Christmas campaign' coming down the road. Holiday campaigns are one of the most challenging marketing activities, especially in the world of software.

Marketers spend ages figuring out the best way to make things more festive while staying away from being boring. Which is a pretty hard thing, right?!

Today, we ask you how you approach holiday marketing in your company. Are you trying to unleash the best of your creative brain and cut the chains of the traditional, or do you prefer to stick to the simple and evident, like adding a fragment of a snowflake on your social media comms?

I was happy working with people who always chase extraordinary approaches in Old Street Solutions. For three consecutive years (this included), we created a series of LinkedIn polls to answer weird Christmas-related questions (Worst Christmas song? What's the best thing Santa could bring you this Christmas? At what age did you stop believing in Santa Claus? (oops) πŸ˜³)

After collecting some results, we use our app to create reports and present them to the general public. 

Custom-Charts-Worst-Christmas-Song-Poll.jpg

This way, we market our product and try to be more 'festive'. Or make our teammate Berry happier because he just adores Christmas, unlike the rest of the team πŸ˜†

What are your plans for 2023? Of course, there is no need to reveal your exact campaign and ruin the readers' surprise. 

And if you haven't thought about it, what's the boldest campaign you imagine doing?

1 comment

Comment

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2023

To this day I am still banned at a variety of companies in multiple industries from any type of campaign involving "Santa coming down your chimney..."

If anyone needs this kind of super non-traditional, next-level Christmas Marketing, let me know where I can send my CV to.

(You should should the T-Shirt Swag concept... I posed for it myself...!!!)

Like β€’ # people like this
Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2023

Haha, being one of the people who refused you a campaign idea, I can only pretend I didn't read that :D

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events