Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JWM/JSM Asset Management

Jeremiah April 1, 2024

JSM Premium is too expensive for what we're trying to do so I cannot take advantage of the Assets in JSM.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to just utilize JWM to keep track of assets (Issue = Asset) and a user picker field for assigning. I wouldn't want to use the assignee field because then it would show up on their own task list.

I seem to be able to connect all the dots in my head about how this would work, but wanted to see if anyone else has attempted this and what their experience was like.

1 comment

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

@Jeremiah Thanks for the post and I want to see if I can help.

There are many ways I have seen this done before and using issues as an asset can work but it will drive some overhead to keep up to date. Using a user picker you will need to update the notification scheme to help notify users of those issue updates if needed.

There are other asset management system that do work with Atlassian. Some of them can be found in the Atlassian market place. One of the systems I have used in the past was snipeIT which can be cloud or on premise. The on premise version I believe is free.

Which ever way you choose to build it out will have different types of overhead of administration needs.

Again you can use issues as assets if you set up a project dedicated to an asset and you could link those asset/issues to other request in JSM. This would give you an idea of which assets are applied to which request by using linked issues.

Which ever way you do build this out please share with use what was working for you. I will say though using a CMDB does always have its benefits but is often expensive but saves valuable time and effort in the long run.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events