Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a User which is ApplicationExpert (linked in a Jira Asset) as assignee, when ticket is raised

Toni Wittmann April 12, 2024

Hey there.

Actually my first post here :-) we run JSM in DataCenter. AppVersion 5.12.3

To explain at first. I have an issue type, where users can select, for which application they need help. The choosable applications are Jira Assets (objectType "Application"). In every asset I have an attribute "ApplicationExpert" where I maintain the Servicedesk Agent (User).

So the application expert has a valid servicedesk agent licence, so I can assign issues to him/her 

2024-04-12 12_43_42-Assets.png

I know would like to have that an issue gets assigned to the application expert, when a ticket is raised and the relevant application has been chosen.

The if block with the JQL filter works well, I think it is the JSON statement.
I did not find out, how I can put in a user, that is linked in the ObjectType "Application" as "ApplicationExpert".

Can you give me a hint please?

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend :-)

Toni

2024-04-12 12_32_45-Automation.png

4 comments

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2024

Hello @Toni Wittmann 

Can you, before your If statement, insert a log statement and log {{issue.Asset.ApplicationExpert}} value?

Because only change you may have to do in your Advanced edit is, instead of referencing it as {{issue.Asset.ApplicationExpert}}, you have to do {{issue.Asset.ApplicationExpert.name}}

So please log {{issue.Asset.ApplicationExpert}} value to see what it holds.

Hello @Kalyan Sattaluri 

thank you very much for your time and for your answer.

I never did a log action before in automations so I learned again something, thanks :-)

I hopefully put the log action one time before the if and a second time after the if. Unfortunately without success in both cases, so I think the values are not present in time when issue is created?!

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Toni 

2024-04-12 20_28_47-_jsonexport_log_Notepad++.png2024-04-12 20_28_47-log_Notepad++.png

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2024

Yes. Thats a great point. Rule could be triggering before the SOR is getting updated and the rule does not have the value at hand..

Please add an action -> "Refetch issue" right after your first step and before the log statement and retrigger the rule by creating an issue.

perhaps I should/can use {{lookup.Objects}} instead of {{issue.Asset.xyz}}

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2024

Yes, looking at the docs here,

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-insight/

can you try to log  {{object.ApplicationExpert}}

Sorry I am also shooting in the dark now..

hey Kalyan, you do not have to be sorry :-)

But it doesn´t work with {{object.ApplicationExpert}}.

I think in datacenter it does not work and your link is for cloud.

Thank you very much so far for your help and really good ideas.

I will have a few tries the next days. If one of them is successful, I will let you know :-)

Toni

Like Kalyan Sattaluri likes this

hey again and thank you again for that really quick answer Kalyan.

Refetching the issue does not help unfortunately. I did a second test with the log statement, only to ensure that at least something standard is logged :-) {{reporter.displayName}} works and gives me the name. But {{issue.Asset.ApplicationExpert}} stays empty.

Trying {{issue.Asset.Application}} or {{issue.Asset.Application.ApplicationExpert}} won´t help I think because issue.Asset already refers to the application.

As I mentioned we run datacenter. Can this be a reason. because cloud functionality is a bit more powerful I assume.

Toni Wittmann April 25, 2024

hello @Kalyan Sattaluri 
how are you?

It is meanwhile solved. I didn´t do it with automation, BUT with a post function in the issue workflow. There you can select between ths options (screenshot) and I took the 2nd option and it worked great :-)

image.pngHave a nice day,
Toni

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events