Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the parent View when an idea is open

Tom Kent April 23, 2024

When you open an idea in JPD, there is a directory-type link structure at the top of the screen which shows you which View the idea has been opened from.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 11.08.48 AM.png

There are a couple issues with this:

1. The parent view determines which fields appear in the "Fields in this view" section for the idea
  2. The choice of which view is used is not consistent. I am currently opening ideas from View A, but they are opening in a new tab with View B as the parent.
  3. When you open a link to an idea from somewhere outside JPD (like email, confluence, or Slack) you cannot control which view is the Parent View. It seems to use whichever view you last visited in your browser.

In our use case, we have so many extra fields used throughout JPD that we rely heavily on the "Fields in this view" section to narrow down which ones we need to pay attention to at each point.

The problems mentioned above mean that I often open an idea, have to remember its name/key, then navigate to the correct view and reopen the idea from there before I can work on it.

What do you think about adding the ability to switch the active view for an idea from within the idea itself? Perhaps via a drop down list from the directory link?

2 comments

Comment

Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2024

I reproduce! Let me circle back with the team to assess next steps. Thank you for raising!

Like # people like this
Tere Pile April 25, 2024

or at minimum show the 'correct' view - I noticed this earlier this week, where the 'view' doesn't actually include the idea I'm looking at - it just happened to be the last view 'I" was working in - not good interaction. 

Like Tom Kent likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events