Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about the (old) Ctrl+K usage to add links to a text?

Tiago Cardoso June 17, 2023

Hi folks! This update seems to be a potencial warmly welcome refresh to our dot menu. I'm excited to use it but, as I'd guess the target user is the heavy shortcut user, one might wonder before enabling the flag:

"how would this behave in parallel with my beloved "add link" shortcut?"

Based on my experience, it seems that both works, where the add link works (more) when there's a text selected. However, it seems there's still an erratic behaviour where I need to press twice the shortcut to open the menu even when there's no text selected. 

Not that I consider this as a blocker, but maybe would be nice to add a short note explaining how both shortcuts would work together?

2 comments

Comment

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2023

I agree with @Tiago Cardoso : an explanatory note about using Ctrl+K (at least on Windows) for both launching the command palette and inserting a link to a selected text would suffice.

Like # people like this
Luke Ellery
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2023

Hello

I'm working in the team building the command palette. 

I'll make sure to add an official note somewhere (either in in-product help, or in the Jira labs introduction content). In the meantime, however, I'll put a short summary here. 

If you're in an editing state or you're focussed on a field (search, assignee, description, comment, etc.), the "add link" shortcut will work. Essentially, any time you might be typing or editing text. 

In any other scenario the command palette will open.

Please let us know in this thread if that's not what you expect or if there are any funky situations where you thought one short cut would work but the other one did instead. 

Thank so much for raising this @Tiago Cardoso 

Like # people like this
Tiago Cardoso July 7, 2023

Missed the notification, apologies for the delay.

This Summary is exactly the kind of note that'd be really helpful on the description of the functionality, many thanks @Luke Ellery !

Like Luke Ellery likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events