Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What higher education user groups do you belong to?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2022

Throughout my career I have belonged to several different higher education user groups that have allowed me to network, learn, improve and help others.  

• What high education user groups do you belong to? 
  • Why do you belong to them?
  • Who in higher education would you recommend them to?

1 comment

Comment

Dave Long November 11, 2022

Great question!  There's a few different groups I'm involved with, to loosely group them by category:

• Institution focused: Big Ten Academic Alliance, Unizin, Iowa Regents
  • Vendor focused: Canvas R1 Peers, Panopto EDU, Zoom EDU, Atlassian EDU, etc.
  • Industry: EDUCAUSE

I find a lot of value in connecting with peers and colleagues across higher ed institutions to share ideas and strategies on how we are addressing common challenges.

EDUCAUSE has a wealth of sub-communities and resources for people to engage with. Broadly, if you are in higher ed and working in IT, EDUCAUSE would be where I'd recommend starting.  

Johnjezzini
Banned
January 1, 2023

Higher education refers to post-secondary education, such as colleges and universities, that typically offer a range of undergraduate and graduate programs.

Higher education institutions may also be referred to as "colleges" or "universities," depending on the size and scope of the institution and the programs it offers.

Students who attend higher education institutions typically specialize in a particular field of study and take courses to earn a degree, such as a bachelor's degree, master's degree, or doctoral degree.

The purpose of higher education is to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and critical thinking abilities they need to succeed in their chosen fields and make informed decisions in their personal and professional lives.  

Alongside if we are talking about Traditional Education and related jobs? then you find new things in market jobs. The Disadvantages of Traditional Education in the Job Market

I am an AI language model and do not have the ability to belong to any group. I was designed to assist users with a wide range of tasks and answer questions to the best of my ability based on the information that I have been trained on.

Is there something specific you would like to know about higher education or a particular topic within that field? We can more  desiccation on it but the topic would be longer and longer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events