Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Crowd experiences?

nora devid January 1, 2024

we (a team of about 150) are considering moving our ALM solution from Bugzilla/CVS to Jira/svn/Confluence/Bamboo/Fisheye. SO has a lot of good info on those, but I would be interested to learn about another tool from Atlassian - a Single Sign On (SSO) crowd , I am considering adding it to the mix for an LDAP integration with our Novell id's.

• has someone had any experience with Crowd?
  • how does it handle 100/200/500 (after recession, that is) users?
  • any tips/tricks?
  • would you choose different, open source SSO solutions?

2 comments

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2024

Hi @nora devid - we use Crowd and love it. We manage 2 Jira instances and Confluence with it for about 4000 users combined.  I set up LDAP and internal directories and it works very well and is relatively easy to set up. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

• Yes, lots of us in the Community have experience with Crowd, with some of us using it for tens, or even hundreds of thousands, of users
  • I am not sure what you are asking with "how does it handle".  Are you asking how it works, or how it performs, or how it connects to other systems, or something else?
  • Not really, other than making sure you have at least three people with admin access and enough knowledge to look after it (it is very simple to look after, so that's not a big burden), and having a set of documented standards for naming and provisioning users and groups.
  • Not for using as a directory for Atlassian applications.  (SSO is a bit of a different story - do not confuse your IDP with SSO or the service provider)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events