Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solustion, ideas with automation to time/date

bartlomiej_jochym January 17, 2024

Any ideas on how to create automation in Jira Software to notify the development team about time to first response/deadline?

For example when time to first response ended notify dev team with Jira Automation.

I don' t know how to create layout of issue and which data from fields download to make it.

I think automation which called Scheduled or Work Logged will work great with some JQL query.

Could you help me or give me an idea.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 15.41.57.pngScreenshot 2024-01-17 at 15.47.38.png

Could you help me or give me an idea.

1 comment

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2024

HI @bartlomiej_jochym

I think we need to know more about what you want to achieve with this automation.

Time to first reply is usually associated with support tickets, so a JSM project with set SLAs and an automation based on the time to SLA looks like an obvious first choice here.

please share more about what you'd want to happen in your Jira and I'll take a look.

Cheers!

bartlomiej_jochym January 18, 2024

Hi @Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_  I created automations from JSM to Jira Software (reducing the costs of agents in JSM), comments, problems with the transition, etc.

but I have no idea how and what automation to create to notify the development team when the deadline or first response time has passed.

I'm thinking about sending an email and commenting on the current problem, but I don't know how to create properly planned automation using a JQL query.

One of my automations:

new JSM task -> new JS task -> comment JS version with smart due date values etc. -> insert due date and scheduled start fields with the same time/date as in the comment

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events