Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rules - Manual Backup (how to)

Brenda Xuereb April 24, 2024

Hi! 

I am currently configuring a backup on both Jira and Confluence however I am aware that Jira does not backup automation rules. Would it be possible to guide me on where am I able to access the automation rules and extract a download backup of such ?

Thanks!

1 comment

Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2024

Hi @Brenda Xuereb ,

Go to settings - System - Global Automation - (...) - Export rules

image.png

Like # people like this
Brenda Xuereb April 24, 2024

@Dexter de Vera - Would this need to be conducted per Atlassian product (i.e. Jira Software, Jira service management etc.. or would this take into account all rules globally as mentioned?) 

I'm also getting stuck on progress on the last few items in automation - is this common? and anything that can be done to remediate this?

Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2024
Like Brenda Xuereb likes this
Brenda Xuereb April 25, 2024

@Dexter de Vera - Thanks for helping and providing me with the links necessary to achieve this. 

However I'm having some issues in finalising the automation backup completely (out of 741 rules, only 737 have been able to be backed up). I have tried to identify what is stopping the automation to be completed but have not yet been able to pinpoint it. 

What might be causing this issue from global automation to go through?

Thanks!
Brenda

Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2024

File limit: Your JSON file must be 5MB or smaller. If your file is too big, you can export your rule in multiple segments.

Like Brenda Xuereb likes this
Brenda Xuereb April 25, 2024

@Dexter de Vera - how am I able to do it in multiple segments please? (I do not see the possibility to segmenting this process but I might also be equally missing something)

Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2024

Actually you need to export the automation 1 by 1.  Maybe you can do a workaround. Try to export 1 by 1 atleast 5-10 automations(choose a automation that had not been use for a long time). then delete that automations. Try to export again the global automations. then import the 5-10 automation (deleted before). 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events