Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Links

Dan W December 19, 2023

We are in the middle of our migration currently and I have a couple of questions on how this works.

I only see our sandbox instances currently, is that because we have only migrated to our sandbox will production show up after we do a production migration?

I am assuming I need to run the Update Links option on each app, Confluence, Jira Software, and Jira Service Management.  Is that correct?  Does it matter which order I run it in?

1 comment

Comment

Tomasz Bartyzel
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2023

Hey Dan,

I’m from the team behind product links. To answer your questions:

Yes, products will appear in the ‘Product links’ table after the migration. We can only update links in products migrated from server to cloud. 

The exception is:

• Jira migrated with site import
  • Jira migrated with the ‘Migrate all data at once’ option of the migration assistant

These two are a limitation and won't appear in the table at all. You’ll need to use REST API to update links on/to them.

Yes, you have to run a link update on each product: the ones you mentioned, and I think you might also see Jira Work Management (cloud’s equivalent of Jira Core). You can run multiple updates - what was already updated will be omitted next time. The order doesn’t matter.

Additionally, when running a link update, you’ll specify destination products - that is, where the links go. Make sure to also include the product you’re updating to update local links.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events