Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCMA does not migrate Retrospective data

vthomas9 December 21, 2023

Hi - 

JCMA does not migrate Jira retro data from Server to Cloud.

Is there another way to migrate retro data to the Cloud?

Bset,

Virginia T

1 comment

Comment

Henri Seymour {Easy Agile}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2023

Hi Virginia, 

Jira doesn't include retro data out-of-the-box. Are you using an app for retros? Or storing retros as Jira issues or a Confluence page? 

If you're using an app, I recommend reaching out to the vendor behind the app for assistance if you haven't already. 

I'm part of the team behind Easy Agile TeamRhythm, which adds Retrospectives for Jira software boards. If you're using our app for Retrospectives, retro data will migrate with JCMA when using version 9.1.0 or later

If something's gone wrong with an Easy Agile TeamRhythm migration, please reach out to us so we can work together to resolve the problem. 

Henri, Support Engineer @ Easy Agile 

vthomas9 December 27, 2023

Hello @Henri Seymour {Easy Agile} 

So Jira Server does not include Retrospectives feature out-of-the-box? 

We used Easy Agile TeamRhythm on our Jira Server instance.  I migrated both Jira and the Easy Agile data on 12/2/23 to our Jira Cloud instance. However, the historical Retrospective data from the Server does not display in Jira Cloud. 

I updated to the most recent JCMA version that was available on 12/2/23 before I started the migration.

Is there a log file available on Jira Cloud that will tell us if the Retro data migrated?

Thank you,

Virginia T.

Henri Seymour {Easy Agile}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 27, 2023

Hi @vthomas9 

It sounds like the Retrospectives were done using Easy Agile TeamRhythm on your Jira Server site! 

Retrospective data migrates when Easy Agile TeamRhythm app version 9.1.0+ is installed on the Jira Server/DC site at the time of the JCMA migration. 

After the migration, logs are available on the Jira Cloud site for the Easy Agile TeamRhythm data as described here. This will detail the Retrospectives migrated in each CJAM migration where applicable. 

Can you please reach out to us so we can work together to resolve the problem? This will enable us to track down the license and records specific to your organisation. 

Henri, Support Engineer @ Easy Agile 

vthomas9 December 27, 2023

Hello Henri -

I just submitted a support ticket to Easy Agile: RS-20105

Thank you,

Virginia

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events