Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Intelligence - Scoping a definition

Dan Crews
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2024

Context: Confluence is divided into multiple spaces, and in many organizations each space defines its own bounded contexts, each with its own set of terminologies and definitions. This can make the "define" functionality a completely new set of problems  and a source of confusion when it sources answers across all of the organization.

Example: In an API Architecture space, the term "consumer" would specifically refer to an API consumer, perhaps defined by a web client. In a product-focused space, the term "consumer" represents an end user who purchases a product.

Question: Is it possible to define any kind of boundaries around Atlassian Intelligence? Or perhaps is there any kind of weighting mechanism that prefers local definitions over others; i.e. can I improve definitions by creating a page of terms within a space?

3 comments

Comment

Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

I don't believe there are any settings to tweak how Atlassian Intelligence works with confluence yet.

Like # people like this
John Dunkelberg April 24, 2024

It's certainly a good thought.  Certainly there are terms like Component and Module that are highly overloaded already and confuse human intelligence.  :)

Also I could speculate that Legal might feel better if we could define such boundaries to exclude AI's reach into specific spaces.  It would be simpler than what people would really want, which is "If JohnD doesn't have access to Space XYZ, then Atlassian Intelligence cannot answer a question for him using contextual information found in Space XYZ."

Like Dan Crews likes this
Emilie Rochedy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2024

Hi @Dan Crews

Atlassian Intelligence is based on your teamwork graph so the definitions will be relevant to specific teams. Users can also vote on the relevance of the definition to improve results. 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events