Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Guard - What do you think?

Darin - Opus Guard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 8, 2024

I'll kick it off

tl;dr I'm a HUGE fan of Atlassian Guard as it elevates the need for better features around meeting growing compliance needs to land/migrate enterprises in Atlassian Cloud.

With the launch of Atlassian Guard, it really demonstrates Atlassian's Cloud story growing up into a real fortified enterprise product. Shoring up the identity needs of an enterprise goes beyond enterprise access controls such as Okta, MS Azure AD, Google Cloud Security, etc, and requires so much more around threat detection. Having been at Atlassian during the "how are we going to get Enterprises from Server/DC to Cloud?" period, it started with user counts going beyond 2,000 and a realization that Access was the avenue to shore up those heavy requirements from enterprises around security. For my own benefit, it's incredibly complimentary to other governance products within the Marketplace which help around content retention and reducing risk.

2 comments

Comment

Graham Carrick May 8, 2024

I don't know a lot about Atlassian Guard but it sounds interesting.

One of the big threat vectors which was often put in the too hard basket was malicious insiders. I'm curious if he combo of data classification restrictions and anomalous behavior detection might start to address this risk. 

Like Darin - Opus Guard likes this
Darin - Opus Guard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 9, 2024

I think that is the intent. Working in the open where everyone can see nearly everything comes with the large trade off of making exfiltration a real risk. So the only way for us to keep the culture of working in the open is tighter controls around the people and some on the content.

Sandy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2024

We're excited you're excited, @Darin - Opus Guard! Feel free to join our Atlassian Guard community group to continue the conversation.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events