The 2024 Community High Five thread!ย ๐Ÿ™Œ

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 3, 2024

Happy New Year! Welcome to the 2024 Community High Five thread! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Weโ€™re awarding high fives to everyone who has submitted five answers to the community. This is because those of you who earn five accepted answers now get an official Rising Star Certificate ๐Ÿคฉ and are well on your way to becoming a Community Leader (you can learn more and apply right here). So weโ€™re going to spread around the encouragement a little to future Rising Stars, like:

@Gloria Landsberg @Berat Altunhan @David _old account_ @Nadine Schuett @GNarsimhagowda - Empyra @EG 

giphy-7.gif

21 comments

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2024

Great job, future Rising Stars!  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Like โ€ข # people like this
Nadine Schuett January 3, 2024

Excellent - only 3 days into the new year and I already feel like it cannot get any better ;-) Thanks a lot!

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 4, 2024

@Nadine Schuett We already know you're going to have a GREAT year! ๐Ÿ’™

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2024

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
January 10, 2024

Who is ready for some high fives? We are! Let's celebrate these amazing community members! We know we're all back after the New Year, getting back into the thick of things, so here's a busy working high five. 

@Varsha Joshi @Mike Vitale @ALagusani_Empyra @Rune Rasmussen @Cash Coyne @Tharunkumar B @Lovee Eric @Amina Bouabdallah @Soporte Inlogiq @Lucas Pessoa @Imdad KP @Scott Beeson @Gabriel Rodrigues @Clara Belin-Brosseau @Amina Bouabdallah 

giphy.gif

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2024

Clara Belin-Brosseau
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 11, 2024

Let's rock this new year ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿซธ ๐ŸซทThanks for the high five @Preston VanSanden !

Imdad KP January 25, 2024

xluna-high-five.gif

Like โ€ข Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Lovee Eric January 16, 2024

Thanks for the high five @Preston VanSanden 

Best Wishes!!!

Lovee Eric

Brilyant Inc

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
January 17, 2024

๐Ÿ™Œ

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
January 17, 2024
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2024

Ankush Bora January 18, 2024

That is kind of you @Preston VanSanden ! Just gearing up here. :)

Sunglasses Smile GIF by Xbox

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
January 24, 2024

I LOVE that gif, GEARING UP!๐Ÿ‘

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
January 24, 2024
Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
February 7, 2024

We are back! We had a busy week as a team in SF. So we have a whole host of folk to celebrate. Rub together those hands and generate some heat! ๐Ÿ”ฅ

@Vernon Laquindanum @Sami Nudelman @Michele Bazzani @Raymart Cruz @llagos @Katie A @Luiz Ricardo Pereira da Silva @Sussi ร…strรถm @Sebastian Spitzer @Richard Scholtes @Chuck Oleary @HIMANSHU KUMAR @Cyrille Martin @Jonas Bang Christensen @RMahajan-Empyra @Kevin Paulovkin @Chris Melville @Maurilio Gorito @Viktoryia K_ @Jerrod Van @R_ Fujimura @Kin @Mart Postma @Rob Bl @Suseendran Rajkumar @John Chambers @Isaiah John @Lucy Dilts @Miguel Ramon @Hariharan Iyer 

giphy (38).gif

For ALL the active folks in this channel, question time! 

What Atlassian products do you know best? 

Hariharan Iyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2024

JIRA for me. I use confluence too on a daily basis, but not a power user (yet).

Raymart Cruz February 7, 2024

Jira Service Management for me.

Nadine Schuett February 7, 2024

Also Jira Service Management - unfortunately, only DC though :(

Sebastian Spitzer February 8, 2024
  • Confluence
  • Jira Software
  • Jira Service Management

High Five YEP!.gif

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2024

Confluence.jpeg

Michele Bazzani February 8, 2024

We are becoming fluent in Software, Work Management, and Service Management.

HIMANSHU KUMAR February 8, 2024

For me

• Jira Software
  • Confluence

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2024

Congratulations Everyone!

To answer Preston's question:

• Access
  • Jira Software
Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
February 9, 2024

Love these answers!

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2024

Jira Software (DC) and Confluence here. I'm part of a large IT org (~1500 and counting), so another team handles the Bitbucket stuff.

Heavy user of Scriptrunner, JSU, and Structure as plugins.

Like โ€ข Preston VanSanden likes this
Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
February 14, 2024

Hello friends! Happy Valentine's Day for anyone who happens to celebrate! We've got some heart-felt high fives to dish out!

@Farah Idayu Othman @Dana Weinbaum @Ignacio Aredez @Anette Unger @Christian Bรคr @Tymek @David Thomson @Rodney Dsouza @Patricia Ermisch _STAGIL_ @Sean Blezard @Neel Mohapatra _Appfire_ @Vit Mee @Matt Parks @Daniel Hostrup Eriksen @Sneha Dhavande @Humashankar VJ @AaronPavez_Appfire @Saad @Isabella Musial @Daniel McCollum @Erika Reategui @Zoey Wang @John Connolly @Pallavi Shirodkar @Remi @Rebecca Dai 

giphy.gif

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

Do you find yourself drawn to answering certain types of questions on the Community? 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2024

First - high five for the newest members of the crew!

Second - drawn to Confluence Cloud Admin questions...

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2024

I'll be honest, I don't frequent the community much unless I'm looking for an answer. While doing that, though, if I see an unanswered question that has been asked in the recent past (i.e. in the last six months or so) that I can answer, I'll typically respond.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2024

Congrats Everyone!

Lately I have been drawn to helping answer questions about certifications!

Neel Mohapatra _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2024

Thank you :) @Preston VanSanden 
happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I happen to learn a lot while helping, So I enjoy it.

Tymek February 15, 2024

Thank you @Preston VanSanden !

I like the most when question looks like a edge-case that won't be possible to do but actually is possible to solve in Trello :)

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
February 15, 2024

@Andy Gladstone Love it! Sounds like you handle some tough ones!

@Matt Parks Love the honesty, and that's okay! How you use the community, is up to you! Don't hesitate to both offer feedback on how we can make it better to suit your needs!

@Jimmy Seddon Spreading some Democracy, I see! That game has become SUCH a time sink for me. Do you find a lot of the cert questions similar?

@Neel Mohapatra _Appfire_ Love the idea of combining helping and learning! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@Tymek What a great way to approach unique issues!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2024

@Preston VanSanden I feel like most people are looking for some words of encouragement more than they have questions that need answering ;)

Zoey Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2024

Thank you @Preston VanSanden ! Trying to help more people in our community while on my way to joining our lovely community leader team!!

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
February 15, 2024

Love that energy, Zoey! ๐Ÿซก

Like โ€ข Andy Gladstone likes this
Viktoryia K_ February 14, 2024

Hopefully soon Assets (I highlight this as something separate), but now JSM, JWM, Confluence.
I'm glad to take information from such a smart community!!

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
February 15, 2024

We so frequently impressed by the quality of info and answers provided by the members of this community.

Pallavi Shirodkar February 15, 2024

Thank you @Preston VanSanden !

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
February 15, 2024

You are welcome! ๐Ÿ’™

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
February 28, 2024
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2024

Congrats Everyone!

@Preston VanSanden I actually started by watching topics I was interested in and checked out the questions I "didn't" know the answers to in order to learn something.  Then, I started to see some questions that I banged my head against my desk for a few days over and thought I'd help someone out by saving them some time.  One answer lead to another and before you know it I'm where I am today!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 29, 2024

Much like @Jimmy Seddon I came for the knowledge and stayed for the community. I initially visited community.atlassian.com in search for some answers. Then I noticed questions that I actually knew the answers to, and started contributing, It's been a slippery slope and I have gone way down the massive rabbit hole that the online community is - and it is truly a wonderland.

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
March 6, 2024

If it's Wednesday, it's high five day. Gather around, warm them palms up and set some good vibes flying! We are celebrating great folks who have answered five questions in our Community! Please join me in thanking them.

@Asmath Basha S @William Crighton _CCC_ @hmza khan @Chrissy Clements @SAzaruddin_mp @Denis Paul @janez_m @mruttan @Paul Sherman @Sheri Widler @Jason M_ @Ka Silveira @Ben van den Berg @Gal Fatal

@Stephan Hannach @Cassandra Lloyd 

giphy.gif

Question of the week! 

What Atlassian product would you like to learn more about? 

Cheers!

Ka Silveira March 6, 2024

OMG! ๐Ÿคฉ that's so cool :) thanks guys ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024

@Preston VanSanden Beacon - I work for a Cyber Security company so I've been very interested in the progress of that product.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024

I need to know more about Jira Product Discovery - just need the time to dive in to it.

Congrats everyone!

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
March 6, 2024

@Ka Silveira You're welcome! Keep being awesome. 

Like โ€ข William Crighton _CCC_ likes this
Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
March 6, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon Love to hear that and you already know we look forward to your thoughts on it!

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
March 6, 2024

@Andy Gladstone We hear that! 

Like โ€ข William Crighton _CCC_ likes this
Paul Sherman March 6, 2024

Gee, Woof @Preston VanSanden (that's dog for 'Thanks for the Milk Bone!').

2nd on @Andy Gladstone 's Jira note.

Always love to hear anything about Bitbucket, especially best practices for  naming and arranging Workspaces and Projects to maintain simple and short URI ... and also simple ways to create repo's from CLI, which at the moment is a task best left for the gui.

Chrissy Clements March 7, 2024

OMG, look at the puppy!!

I want to learn more about Compass and its relationship with Opsgenie services.  How does Change Management protect the source of truth, which is currently Opsgenie.  Who has permission to decommission services or delete them entirely?  Can we use Compass to populate Opsgenie and then lock it down? 

So many questions and so many opportunities.

William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2024

there we go! Free Fake Internet Points to Everyone! Everyone gets one! It's Great! They are Free! And Fake!

lol...I love this game.

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
March 8, 2024

@William Crighton _CCC_ It's a good game! Keeps things light, and I get to say nice things to people. ๐Ÿ’™

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
March 8, 2024

@Chrissy Clements LOVE those questions! There is always so much to learn! Been here for years and I'm still learning as well. ๐Ÿ‘

Like โ€ข Chrissy Clements likes this
Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
March 13, 2024

Hello friends! I'm your new host for Wednesday high fives ๐Ÿ˜Ž So let's put our hands together for all the lovely people who answered five questions over the past week!

Huge thank you to: 

@Alex 
@Robert Condon
@Richard Brown 
@Ponnappan Ganapathiya 
@Evelynn 
@Micheal Planck 
@Dario Alarcรณn 
@Nicola Sun 
@Maciej ลukasz Wojszkun 
@Daniel Domene_Kolekti_ 
@Tygrr DosRemedios 
@Guido Scollo 
@Jesus Octavio Gutierrez Villegas 
@Amit Girme 
@Armin Meyer _Seibert - Coderay_ 
@Susanna Babayan 
@Amanda Culver 

giphy (8).gif

Question of the week!! 

Do you have a favourite time of day to answer questions? 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2024

@Angelie Stephens - Nope!  Which is why you may see me at 6am or 11pm.  Depends what mood I'm in ;)

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2024

My favorite time to log in to the community is during my commute on the train to and from work each day. I could not find a GIF of high fives on a train, so a Soul Train High Five will have to do!

Tymek March 14, 2024

@Andy Gladstone sounds like a great time-saving trick, love it :)

Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
March 20, 2024

It's everyone's favourite day of the week - high fives day! Time to celebrate all the wonderful people who have spent time answering five questions this week for us. ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Thank you so much to: 

@Lavanya K 
@Vitaly_Berezovsky_SaaSJet 
@Indhudharani Jothimani 
@Ondrej Medek 
@Eduardo Asenjo 
@Luis Andino Rodriguez 
@John Snow 
@Patrick Tripodi 
@Michael 
@Camilo Galleguillos 
@Ryan M 
@Maksim Beliaev 
@D X 
@Roland Siegel 
@Ryan Clifton 
@wkennedy 
@jolyont 
@Stefan Stadler 

giphy (10).gif

Question of the week for everyone! 

What do you enjoy about being part of the Atlassian Community? 

Ankush Bora March 20, 2024

For me top 2 things that I enjoy in this community would be:

• Atlassian Community Events! I have attended only a couple so far.
    Look forward to more in future.
  • Community Q & A groups that help out when one needs help.
Luis Andino Rodriguez March 20, 2024

All the help i can get no matter how "Out there" the question is.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2024

I came for the information, I stayed for the people. So the people and personalities I have gotten to know, and friendships that I have forged in this community - both OL and IRL, have been the most rewarding.

Like โ€ข Angelie Stephens likes this
Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
March 27, 2024

Here we are again! 

8kj0m4.jpg

We're here to celebrate the fantastic individuals who have dedicated their time to answering five questions right here on the Community! โœจ

Massive thank you to: 

@Eduardo Godinez 
@Svetlin 
@Andy Lutz 
@Floating electron 
@Harshit Bhagat_miniOrange 
@Marcin Krasicki 
@maly hoston 
@Lean Li 
@Nik Surmanidze _Actonic_ 
@Sarah Schmitt-Bรคr - Seibert Media 
@KB
@JB
@Mike Bell
@Pieter Helsen

giphy (11).gif

Question of the week! 

Do you have any advice you'd give to new Community members? 

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2024

I find it helpful to just browse through the questions in the Community. Even if I'm not explicitly interested in every question, seeing the kinds of questions that people get me to thinking about what ways I can improve Jira for my end-users.

Also, before you post a question, do a quick search to see if anyone has asked the question before (and maybe an answer has been provided). And when you do post a question, make sure to give as much information as possible.

One question I always ask my end-users when they're asking for something is "What problem are you trying to solve?" They may be looking for a specific solution but, if I know what their pain points are, I might be able to provide a much better and more comprehensive solution. So asking a question that isn't just "how can I do this thing?" but more of a "how can I solve this problem?" could end up getting a much better solution.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2024

Congrats Everyone!

I think @Matt Parks covered almost everything!  I'll add this:

Don't be afraid to ask a questions because you think its stupid or something you should already know.  We were all new at one point and everyone here is happy to help!

Andy Lutz April 1, 2024

Woot woot! I'd echo what Matt shared, as I like browsing through all the questions, just to 1) see what other folks are trying to do with the tool and 2) being able to share ideas/workarounds others might not have thought of before.

Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
April 3, 2024

With another week flying by, it's that time again - High Fives day! 
Let's celebrate the fantastic community members who have answered five questions ๐ŸŒŸ

Big thanks to: 

@Gustav Lindskog 
@Ryan 
@Khalid [Jaanga] 
@OMAR MOHAMED AHMED MOHAMED FATHY 
@Abhi Singh 
@Mark B Wager 
@Dave Symonds 
@Euro high life 
@fabian 
@*ServiceRocket* KL Foong 
@Tankem Williams 
@Sari Kachorovsky 
@Sudarsana G 
@Noah - Devsamurai 
@Ole Treptow 
@Metricus 
@Abi Brown 

giphy (12).gif

Question of the week! 

Will you be going to Team '24 at the end of this month? Or attending one of our Team '24 Community Events

Khalid [Jaanga] April 3, 2024

@Angelie Stephens I will attend in person this year, are you on booth duty ?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2024

I'll be doing both!

Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
April 4, 2024

@Khalid [Jaanga] Great! I'm not going to be there sadly, but a lot of the Atlassian Community team will be ๐Ÿ˜

@Andy Gladstone awesome! Double Team!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Rustem Shiriiazdanov April 10, 2024

@Angelie Stephens thanks! I enjoy being a part of the Community! Will sadly have to miss Team'24 though, but will gladly visit other events!

OMAR MOHAMED AHMED MOHAMED FATHY April 14, 2024

thank youu โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™

Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
April 10, 2024

It's time for some high fives, friends! ๐ŸŒŸ

We're saying a huge thank you to all of the Community members who answered five questions: 

@Sankalp Chugh 
@Rachel Li 
@Klaudia Schรถn_Deviniti_ 
@Jyothi Charupalli 
@Ayrijit Swain 
@Deepak Rai 
@Stephen_Lugton 
@Adriรกn Garcรญa Gonzรกlez 
@Sarah Wright 
@Giselle Watts 
@Mariano Edvardsson 
@Rustem Shiriiazdanov 
@Jay Seletz 

giphy (16).gif

Question of the week! 

Do you have a favourite Community group? If so, which is it? 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2024

@Angelie Stephens I just a little biased towards the Welcome Center!  There are so many informative and fun posts to get involved in there.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2024

Have you been spying on me in LinkedIn? I professed my love for The Watercooler in a post this week! It's where all of the cool kids hang out.

Sankalp Chugh April 26, 2024

Thank you so much @Angelie Stephens !

Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
April 24, 2024

Hello friends - it's double high fives this week! As I was off last week, today we're going to be celebrating all the fabulous people who have answered 5 questions over the last couple of weeks ๐ŸŽ‰

Massive thank you to: 

@Girish Shenoy     @Prakash Murugesan 
@Hashim Mohammad      @Stu Lees ____ REVYZ 
@alok m      @Dick      @Dharmesh Barot 
@Josh Goldberg      @Cliff Stovich 
@Darin - Opus Guard      @Thorsten Kamann 
@Josh Shepherd      @waqas Wilan2026 
@Shawn Giese      @Ksenia Abdulina 
@ะขะธะผัƒั€ ะกะธั€ะฐะทะธะตะฒ      @Michelle B 
@Bo Zhao      @Neeraj Upadhyay 
@Hala ElRoumy      @Alex 
@Andrii Maliuta      @Mario GELES 
@Dusan Spaic      @David Foote 
@Laura De Vita    @Jenny Severin 
@Vijay Dadi      @MattD 
@Sรธren Hansen      @Khushboo Gupta 
@NTAMEN NTANMI luc landry      @Ragavendran S 
@Muhammad Khan      @Andrew Wolpers 
@Logan Mulderrig      @trthomas 
@Victor Law      @Alessandro Cristiano 

giphy (18).gif

Question of the week!! 

If you're in the kudos programme, what's your favourite badge?

alok m April 24, 2024

Wow :) Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š. Any company swag for contributors would be ๐Ÿ˜Ž 

Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2024

Wow..this was unexpected... happy to help ! @Angelie Stephens 

Ragavendran S April 24, 2024

Thank you @Angelie Stephens !!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2024

Favorite badge? Warm Welcome!

Alex G April 24, 2024

Oh, thank you!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Mario GELES April 25, 2024

Thank you very much @Angelie Stephens ^^

Andrii Maliuta April 26, 2024

@Angelie Stephens  Thank you! 

Hala ElRoumy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2024

Thank you @Angelie Stephens ^^

Stu Lees ____ REVYZ May 5, 2024

Yay, awesome thanks!  @Angelie Stephens  

Bo Zhao May 6, 2024

Amazing, Thank you @Angelie Stephens 

Mario GELES April 25, 2024

Thank you very much @Angelie Stephens ^^

Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
May 1, 2024

It's high fives day y'all! We're here to celebrate the awesome people who have contributed to our online community by answering 5 questions this week ๐ŸŽŠ

Big thank you to:

@Dharmesh Barot 
@Chris C_ 
@Lucas_DevSamurai_ 
@Fabian Laqua 
@Ashley Honeycutt 
@Mikel Whipple 
@Emily Ditchfield 
@Abhishek Jain 
@Mohammed fakhrul Hossain Chowdhury 
@Raphael Lopes 
@Martin LALONDE 
@MN 
@Antonio Panea Pastor 
@RobertRipple 
@Romy Meyers 
@Varsha Patil 
@Tom Carrott 

giphy (19).gif

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2024

Congrats!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2024

Great job everyone!

Raphael Lopes May 1, 2024

Thanks a lot. <3

Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
May 8, 2024

Time for this week's high fives! Huge thank you to the lovely people who have answered five questions this week: 

@Abhay Patil 
@william hugo 
@April Chi 
@Robert Eiser 
@fdehne 
@Marcio C_ 
@Robert Mkrtchyan 
@Vicknesh Shanmugam 
@Yoann LEGRAND 
@Johnathan 
@Alper Saglam _actioner_ 
@Eugeny Chernyavsky 
@Susan Waldrip 
@Heenaben Sardarbhai Chaudhary 
@Rus Yates-Aylott 

giphy (20).gif

Thank you for all your great contributions, we're lucky to have you in our community! ๐ŸŒŸ

Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2024

It says I am a JSM Teacher now. What does it mean?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events