Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditionally formatting the list color (Automation)

Sina Bagci
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

Hey everyone,

Have you noticed the latest update? Some exciting new features like list coloring and collapsing have been introduced. I've already started using them and I'm absolutely loving it. It's a total game-changer for me. However, there's still one feature I think is missing: conditional list coloring.

Let me explain my use case scenario. We have a list called "Inbox" where my teammates and I jot down tasks or ideas on the fly. It's like a dumping ground that we clear out regularly. The problem is, when we collapse this list, the only indication that it contains items is a small number indicator. It requires extra attention every time we open the board. So, what I'm looking for is a simple conditioning: if the list contains any cards, color it red; otherwise, remove the color.

I believe this addition would greatly enhance the usability of Trello. What do you all think? And Trello team, is this something that could be implemented in a future update?

1 comment

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2024

Hi @Sina Bagci 

Never fear....it is here... 😁

Tiny Powerups - Conditional list colors 

Sina Bagci
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 20, 2024

Awesome!

Like Dreamsuite Mike likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events