Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

💡 Introduce yourself and earn our new Founding Founders kudos badge!

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 23, 2024

Who’s who in our community group? 🤔

We’d love to learn more about who’s joining us in this group and are curious to hear about the organizations you work for, your roles, and any other information you’d like to share!

Introduce yourself within the discussion thread below and you’ll earn our new Founding Founders kudos badge.

Founding Founders D Green.png

✨ Bonus points: here are a few (optional!) questions to answer that’ll help us get to know you even better:

• What’s your favorite thing about working in the startup space?

• What’s been your team’s biggest challenge thus far?

• What are you hoping to gain from being a member of this group?

We're looking forward to learning more about who's here! 

6 comments

Comment

Philip Braddock
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2024

Maybe this won't count for a badge because I'm an Atlassian -- I defer to my world-class TEAMmate, @Kristen Roth to make that decision ðŸ¤© -- but I'm happy to kick off the convo!

My favorite thing about working in the startup space is the constant energy and creative.  It takes A LOT of energy to build something and it takes arguably even more creativity to experiment, learn and pivot on a regular basis.  With respect to the latter, it doesn't have to be only related to the core product.  I've seen founders / startup teams pivot go-to-market (GTM) tactics; pivot pricing strategies; pivot entire business models.  And while those decisions are always hard, from what I've experienced, it's often the hardest decisions that yield the biggest rewards. 🚀

REALLY excited to see what others share here. 🤓

Like • # people like this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 23, 2024

We'll give ya the badge, @Philip Braddock! Thanks for sharing your favorite thing about working in the startup space; creativity often means standing out from the crowd. ✨

Like • Philip Braddock likes this
Eren KalelioÄŸlu April 23, 2024

Dear all,

I’m the founder of Ponsatlas. 

At Ponsatlas, we are not just developing applications; we are shaping the future of teamwork by crafting innovative solutions for the Atlassian Marketplace. As a rapidly growing company, we specialize in providing top-tier consulting services and a unique Maturity Index service tailored for CxO level leaders utilizing Atlassian products.

In our pursuit of excellence, we are proud authors of the globally recognized book "Implementing Atlassian Confluence," available on major platforms like Amazon and O'Reilly. This publication is part of our continuous effort to enrich the community’s understanding and implementation of Atlassian tools. We are excited to announce that more books are on the way, further establishing our expertise and thought leadership in the industry.

To realize our dreams, we aim to secure investment in the next six months, with our ideal partner being Atlassian Ventures. This crucial step will support our ambitious plans, including the imminent launch of our first application on the Atlassian Marketplace, quickly followed by a series of others. Our expertise particularly shines in utilizing Atlassian products, such as Jira, to enhance governance in modern companies that operate asynchronously and are distributed across various locations.

Our goal is to transform Istanbul into a globally recognized hub for Atlassian education and networking, establishing it as a pivotal center of excellence. By doing so, we strive to become one of the most trusted and well-known Atlassian partners in our region, ensuring that we not only meet but exceed the expectations of our clients.

At Ponsatlas, we believe in a new mindset—one that embraces transparency, agility, and collaborative teamwork. These core values guide our operations and inspire our commitment to innovation in team collaboration technologies.

Best

Eren

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
April 23, 2024

Welcome to the group and the Atlassian Community, @Eren KalelioÄŸlu! We're glad you're here and hope you find networking with other community members and reading some of the great content posted here to be insightful as you and your team continue on with your great work. 

Sweta Upadhyay April 23, 2024

Hello everyone,

I'm thrilled to be a part of this dynamic group focused on startups and innovation! Let me take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Sweta, a UX Designer with a passion for creating impactful solutions and disrupting industries.

I believe in the power of community and collaboration in the startup space. Let's use this platform to exchange ideas, share resources, and support each other's ventures. Whether you have a burning question, a success story to celebrate, or a roadblock to navigate, this group is here to lend a helping hand.

Cheers,
Sweta

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
April 23, 2024

Nice to meet you, @Sweta Upadhyay! We look forward to exchanging ideas and supporting you all along your journeys. Excited to watch this group grow! 🚀

Darin - Opus Guard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2024

I'll go first, I'm joining on behalf of Opus Guard. New to Atlassian Marketplace as a Vendor but far from new to Atlassian. We're focusing on helping Teams and SaaS products solve the recent updates to ISO27001 which has much more strict requirements around information governance. 

Our inaugural app, Content Retention Manager for Confluence aims to shore up the immediate gaps on ISO data management requirements. We've got some great initial customers with more in the works and are loving being the solution to these new regulations.

As for ourselves, I'm a long standing Atlassian Alumni having previously worked on the Atlassian Ecosystem space and I'm joined with my partner @Shu Shen who comes from Amazon and Okta as a technical co-founder. Joining our start up as a strategic founder advisor is @Nick Wade help guide us through the growing pains of Marketplace and how to best align with partners.

What’s your favorite thing about working in the startup space?

So far it's the energy, urgency, and the rollercoaster of emotions. At any given point I am at a high point of solving a key part of all our personal privacy, and at other moments I'm scared out of my mind that I won't meet the needs fast enough. It's a typical founder dilemma. But we absolutely love the energy and positive support from others who have gone through this. Living in the SF Bay area, I feel welcomed and part of a community as a co-founder, and that helps remove the fears of being a founder.

What’s been your team’s biggest challenge thus far?

Time and early sales motions. We both come from strong product, strategy, finance, and tech backgrounds, but forward sales motions are new to us. We're learning rapidly and training ourselves to have a muscle in sales, but this is our largest challenge so far. Luckily it's not finances or APIs yet.

What are you hoping to gain from being a member of this group?

Experience from those who have succeeded and failed before us. Learning when to pivot, when to refocus, when it's ok to offshore, when to focus more on sales, and the overall comfort of being in like company.

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

Hi, @Darin - Opus Guard ðŸ‘‹   The Atlassian Community Spam bot moved your intro. to spam quarantine due to the link to your website. The community guidelines for marketplace partners explains that only links to your Atlassian Marketplace pages are permitted in your community posts.

I changed the link and released it.

Best,

-dave

Darin - Opus Guard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2024

@Dave Rosenlund thanks! The error wasn't clear, I used our home page given the nature of this subsection of the community being all about start ups in general, I thought it would be fitting to share our home page, but happy to link to our vendor page in Marketplace being a start up on Marketplace. 

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

I'm not sure the spam bot is that smart, @Darin - Opus Guard  🫤   Human intervention was required.

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
April 23, 2024

Thanks for the great intro, @Darin - Opus Guard It's great to know we're in good company with Atlassian alums in the group! 🤩 We hope this group will be an excellent resource for startup teams to do just that - learn from each other and help you feel like you have a true community to lean on. 

Susheel Daswani April 23, 2024

Hey all, Susheel Daswani from HeadSpin here - nice to meet you all!

At HeadSpin, we help our customers perfect their digital experiences across mobile devices, browsers, and even TVs! It is truly an honor and privilege to help our customers provide amazing digital experiences for their millions of customers.

My favorite thing about working in the startup space are the constant challenges that we need to navigate through. Whether it is having to figure out how to incorporate the latest Android or iOS changes, how to help a customer optimize the performance of their app, or how to prioritize our product roadmap, every day requires focus and creative thinking.

Our biggest challenge - which is really a privilege and testament to our customer's faith in our product - is finding enough time in the day. We have great customers but limited cycles so everyday is an effort in ruthless prioritization.

No specific expectations for this group beyond I'm hoping to support others and meet some amazing peers.

Best!

Susheel

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
April 24, 2024

Absolutely relatable - a few more hours in the day would be a total game changer. Thanks for sharing and for your great intro, @Susheel Daswani! We're glad you're here!

Abdullah Kamel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2024

We are adam.ai, a Board & Meeting management platform that enables our customers to manage meetings, workflows and content in one place powering decision-making to achieve business goals.

My favorite thing in the startup space is the ability to be nimble, flexible and adaptable to our customer's needs (truly being able to build for the customers)

Our biggest challenge thus far has been building strong use cases without customer feedback (the more customers, the more use cases)

I would love to learn if and how startups are building strategic partnerships. I'd also love to know more about the startups in group and how they are helping/solving big problems for their customers.

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
May 2, 2024

Thanks for joining us, @Abdullah Kamel! Feel free to start a discussion at any time among the members of this group as I'm sure others have similar questions and challenges. We're glad you're here!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events