Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

New to Jira Work Management? Say hello! πŸ‘‹

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2023

Hi everyone!

If we haven't met yet, I'm Abby from the JWM team. Today, I wanted to share some resources and kick off a conversation for all the newcomers to Jira Work Management.

If you're just getting started, welcome! Tell us about yourself and your project management goals in the discussion. If you've become a JWM superuser, say hi too! Let's build the community 🀝

Wondering where to start? Here are some of our favorite resources that we've designed for you.

Video series

Getting started.jpeg

If you're looking for hands-on examples and demos of Jira Work Management in action, check out this getting started playlist. 

Watch the videos ➑️

Team guides

JWM.jpeg

Whether you're looking for a general overview or guides specifically written for your role, we've got you covered.

Jump in ➑️

Live and on-demand demo

Demo.png

Got questions? We've got answers. Join us for a live, in-depth walkthrough of Jira Work Management and chat with our experts. You can also choose to watch the demo on-demand.

Register now ➑️

Atlassian University course

University.png

If you're ready to take your learning to the next level, enroll in Jira Work Management Fundamentals. You'll get the full picture, from first steps to advanced best practices. The best part? It's free.

Earn your badge ➑️

See you in the comments! πŸ‘‡

3 comments

Kavita Maheshwari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2023

Hi,

how can we create confidential projects in Jira? so that others in the team cannot access them or see the tasks associated with that project.

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2023

Hi! You can make a project private via the access tab in project settings. Let me know if that helps!

Like β€’ Aditya Shukla likes this
Aditya Shukla
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2024

Hi, how make carrier in confluence 

wendy_gustafson February 12, 2024

I would like to create a series of projects under one 'strategic initiatives' program umbrella so I can view all projects within the program or portfolio.  What is the best way to do this?

Like β€’ Abby Stiris likes this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
February 12, 2024

Hi @wendy_gustafson! Great question. I would recommend creating a template bundle, which can include up to 6 projects! We just announced this new feature here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Work-Management-Articles/New-year-new-releases-Import-from-Monday-template-bundles-and/ba-p/2583233 

Like β€’ Katherine Gray likes this
wendy_gustafson February 14, 2024

Thank you for the quick response!

I'm not seeing this feature in my version of Jira yet.  

Will creating a new project and creating a new Epic per each initiative under that project accomplish the same?

I am looking for a way to view/track individual status and details for each initiative as well as collective status and details for all initiatives in this project.

We will also need to have separate confluence pages for each initiative/epic.

Will this work?

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2024

@wendy_gustafson yes, that sounds great to me! You can definitely track statuses at the different levels of hierarchy within a project and link to as many Confluence pages as needed for each one. If you're interested, I'd love to see how you think through setting up your project and offer any help along the way. Let me know and I'll send you a note directly!

wendy_gustafson February 14, 2024

absolutely - would appreciate that!

wendy_gustafson February 16, 2024

In this setup of tracking multiple initiatives as epics under one Project, how can each epic view only its own board, list, calendar, and other data?

I need to allow each epic owner to view only their respective epic data so they don't have to sift through all epic data to find theirs.

Laura Guncheon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 7, 2024

Good morning - is it possible to send notifications to a Teams channel, like in Jira software? 

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2024

Hi @Laura Guncheon, yes! If you have any issues with the integration let me know. Welcome! 

Laura Guncheon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 21, 2024

Thank you  - could you point me in the right direction?

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2024

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events