Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List View grouping by non category options

Sergio Contreras
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

Hello, here its my problem: on my category field i have this options. category options.png

When i select to group items by category on the group by section,

group by.png

the list view shows up some options of another field that arent in the category field, as its shown in the image

categories.png

Why its that? o rhow can i fix this problem? because this wasnt happening before.

2 comments

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Sergio Contreras

welcome to the community!

There are a couple of other mentions of this in the community, so it indeed seems like a recent change. I don't personally know whether this was intentional or not - but in doubt, you may want to reach out to Atlassian Support.

Best,

Hannes

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 27, 2024

... and just to put it out there: If you're looking for an immediate resolution and are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you'd do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. In a sense, it has a few things in common with JWM's list view, however JXL comes with a range of advanced features, and also works in (and across!) projects of any type, including JSW and JSM projects.

Plus, it will only show groups for the categories that are actually used in your list of issues, so any deleted categories will by definition not appear there:

group-by-category-v3.gif

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

David Mather
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events