Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It would be great to be able to create tickets which can go dormant then appear at top of list

Helen Smart May 8, 2024

I often have requests for action at a specific future date and would like to be able to create a ticket that sits "dormant" then pops up at the top of our list as a new item at a requested date.

Yes, I can enter a Due Date and sort/filter records but that is a bit dangerous if I forget to do that 

ATM the only solution seems to be to use Outlook or another application to remind myself to create a ticket

2 comments

Rodney D_Souza May 8, 2024

Not sure what all you have considered.  When I have this situation, I place the ticket (manually or Automatically) into a 'Pending' status (so that it is not in your working list) and then have an Automation move it out the 'Pending' status to the regular 'Open' status.

You can make the due date be a required field in the screen that puts it into the Pending status.  That way you cannot forget to add the date.

An 'Employee Off-boarding' scenario is a very common use case for what you describe.

Using Outlook, or another app, to remind you seems like a worse idea.

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2024

Hi @Helen Smart ,

We faced the same problem and about 6 years ago with acquire the addon The Scheduler that does exactly what you want. It's really great. It is used daily

Helen Smart May 9, 2024

Thanks so much Carmen! I'll follow up on that and let our infrastructure team know. 

Like Carmen Nadeau likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events