Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on incoming webhooks feature

Chris Ng
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2023

Hey all,

We recently launched our new incoming webhooks feature, which allows you to send data from your source code management tool (e.g. GitHub) and populate deploy, push, and build metrics for your linked components.

We believe that your feedback is the key to our continuous improvement, and we would love to hear your thoughts on this new feature. Whether it's an appreciation for something you particularly liked, or a suggestion on what could be improved, your insights are always valuable.

Here are some guiding questions to help you provide your feedback:
1. How easy was it to discover and use?
2. We support deploy, build, and push events right now. Are there any other event types you would find helpful?
3. Are there any aspects you think could be improved?
4. Right now, we support GitHub cloud versions and will be releasing GitHub Enteprise Server, Bitbucket Cloud, and GitLab soon. What are some other integrations you would find helpful?

We're excited to hear from you and continue enhancing our app to serve you better. Your feedback can be posted right here in this community channel, or if you prefer, feel free to send a private message.

Thanks again for your time and invaluable feedback!

2 comments

Phill Pafford December 14, 2023

I see only Cloud options, when is Data Center going to be supported? https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/compass/components/get-data-from-your-toolchain-using-incoming-webhooks/ 

Chris Ng
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2023

Appreciate your interest, we're looking to release Bitbucket Data Center in the first half of 2024!

If you don't mind me asking, what version of Bitbucket Data Center are you on?

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Phill Pafford December 18, 2023

Awesome, thanks! We are currently on Atlassian Bitbucket v8.14.2

Like Chris Ng likes this
Jordan Villanueva
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2023

Hi @Chris Ng

Is there an expected timeline on when additional event support might occur? The alternative currently is to write a set of custom apps, but I'm not sure if that is worth the effort if additional event support is on the horizon. For my use case specifically, events related to open vulnerabilities (new and existing) would be helpful.

Thanks.

Chris Ng
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2023

We are expecting to work on custom webhooks in the first half of next year. You'll be able to send events from custom sources, as well as specify custom event types to send in.

We don't have a vulnerabilities event type right now. Just to dig into that a bit more, what would you like to see from a vulnerability event type, in terms of functionality and your own use case (e.g. you would want to see a list of open vulnerabilities, metrics, scorecards, etc.)? And what fields or properties would be useful? Appreciate your feedback and thoughts here!

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events