Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Large Files in Bitbucket: Best Practices and Tools

Aliza sheikh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 12, 2023

Hello Bitbucket community,

I might have to face a challenge dealing with large files in Bitbucket repositories, and I'm sure others might be too. Let's share our experiences and insights. Here are a few questions to get us started:

1. Large File Strategies: When dealing with large files, what strategies do you employ to manage their impact on repository size?

2. Git LFS or Alternatives: Have you found Git LFS (Large File Storage) effective, or do you use alternative methods to handle large files in Bitbucket?

3. Impact on Cloning and Fetching: How do large files affect cloning and fetching times for your repositories? Any tips for improving performance?

4. Reducing Repository Size: Are there specific techniques or tools you recommend for reducing the overall size of a Bitbucket repository?

5. Handling Large Datasets: For projects involving large datasets, how do you structure your repositories to maintain efficiency?

Share your experiences and suggestions regarding large files in Bitbucket. Your insights could greatly benefit others facing similar challenges!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events