Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Condones Fraud, or simply doesn't care?

Evan McCollam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

Long story short I had high six figures stolen from me (spilt milk; over it, though it would have been nice to put away for my newborn daughter).

However my gmail identity evanmccollam@gmail.com was compromised  (I can't keep up with hackers or scripts bought off the darknet) and they are clearly using a number of services like Bitbucket, pcloud, DropBox, Discord, Google Chat, Google Hangouts; probably more to figure out how to ripoff their next target. I'm not sure why my identity in particular needs to held for their nefariousness--perhaps just "for the lulz".

Even working with and directly communicating with companies such as these via a US Secret Service cyber crimes task force official won't compel them to simply wipe whatever data is being worked on here and ban the individuals involved. I'm not very familiar with the space but it seems they have a large presence in the US--incorporated in Delaware for tax ducking?

(I can only imagine (actually  I know but won't state it here) how much money they've stolen in a relatively short period of time, so if I can help just one other person it will be worth it.

I've kept meticulous logs of everything including Bitbucket AI bots installed in google chat (a relic I hadn't touched in nearly a decade).

So beyond venting I guess my question is whether Atlassian is so large they simply don't care if their products are a) signed up for with stolen identities b) used to assist in stealing tens, hundreds, thousands of millions of dollars?

All conventional channnels for justice have failed (boilerplate responses about submitting forms which no doubt go straight to trash), the US Secret Service is apparently irrelevant to them. Are there any competitors to Atlassian/Bitbucket that might be interested in this story? Again I'm no expert but I doubt GitHub cares much about the fraud perpetrated at Bitbucket/Atlassian. An extensive primary sourced article may be the next step.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events