Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal of server licenses

Alessandro Tagliabue
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2024

Hi,

is it true i can renew maintenance for Server licenses before 15/02/2024?

And that in this case i'll have the right to install security patches even if no more bug fixing will be available? 

Which the release starting from the security patch will be available?

Many thanks Alessandro  

2 comments

Comment

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Alessandro Tagliabue  👋

There is a BIG ORANGE BOX on the right margin. You can click on it to find all of the answers to your questions about server EOL.  But here is the pertinent info. you seek:

What does Server end of support mean?  

After 12 a.m. PST on February 15, 2024, Atlassian and Marketplace Partners will no longer provide technical support for any issues, security updates, or bug fixes for critical vulnerabilities. Regular security updates help protect your business from threats and vulnerabilities, so we recommend moving to our Cloud or Data Center products before the end of support date."

Alessandro Tagliabue
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2024

Too expensive, I'll stay with no support 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, you can renew up to the 15th of February.  After the 15th, you will not be able upgrade at all.  (Atlassian rarely releases patches, preferring to include fixes in new versions).

It is very unlikely that a patch will be released in the next month, and after the 15th Feb, only security patches will be released.  All the server software has had a last "long term support" version, which is likely to be the only one that will get patches.

So I wouldn't bother, unless you need to upgrade to the last long term support release before all upgrades and support stop.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events