Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing mail about invoice from atlassian

swapnil dhondkar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2024

Hi Team,

Today, I received fake invoice email from Atlassian with PDF. FYI, I have never purchased any product of Atlassian.

Below is the message I received - 

Thanks for choosing Atlassian. This email is to confirm that we’ve received your payment for the invoice IN-001-081-543. The invoice is attached as a PDF for your records.

Mail come from this id - no_reply@am.atlassian.com 

I haven't clicked PDF attachment due to security reasons. 

Thanks,

Swapnil

fake_email.png

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If this is genuinely from Atlasssian, then you, or someone using your email address, has bought and paid for an Atlassian service.

Before you do anything else, have a closer look at the email's detailed headers - check that the from, reply, and domain fields are all atlassian.com (some more sophisticated phishers spoof the addresses that most email clients display but they often leave traces of the actual origin in the header that is a giveaway)

If the headers don't show anything that suggests it might not be Atlassian sending it, then your next steps are:

• Log into my.atlassian.com using the Atlassian account tied to the email address that you received this email on.  This will show you everything you have subscribed to, and will include the invoice you've got via email (if it is genuine)
  • If the invoice is not in there, then forward the email to abuse@atlassian.com with a short explanation

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events