Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create dashboard get all information automation from Jenkins

Lass February 8, 2024

Can I create dashboard in Jira 

• that showing the current deployed version of each app and in which env??
  • Gather all information from Jenkins in Automated way.  
    Note : 
  1.                  I Already do the integration between Jira and Jenkins.
  2.                 I need the information in a table to make it more readable.

1 comment

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2024

Hi @Lass 

What app are you using to integrate Jira and Jenkins?

I ask because this may impact the available APIs to get the data you need.

Cheers,
Mark

Lass February 11, 2024

Hi @Mark Rekveld - Marvelution ,

I am used in Jira (Jenkins for Jira app) and Jenkins plugin Atlassian Jira Software Cloud

but I faced some issue in Jira and Jenkins 

in Jira:

Screenshot 2024-02-12 094436.png

in Jenkins:Screenshot 2024-02-12 101224.png

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 12, 2024

Hi @Lass,

When using the Jenkins for Jira app, then you are limited to the Deployments and Builds APIs provided by Jira Software.

I'm not sure how you can use those APIs to get the dashboard you are looking for.

However, I do develop and maintain the Jenkins Integration for Jira app, currently there is no dashboard like feature, but there are other display related features. And I've been looking for insight from users to extend the reporting feature set of the app and a dashboard would be a good fit. Let me know if you would be interested in discussing using the Jenkins Integration for Jira app.

As for the connectivity issue, to me it would seem the Jenkins box doesn't resolve the DNS of your site. I would suggest looking there, possible using ping, trace route or other tools to verify that the box hosting Jenkins can access the Jira Cloud site.

Cheers,
Mark

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events